Every Child Matters in Bendemeer!
A wide variety of after-school programmes are organised to cater to the
different needs of individual students. In a summary, the school looked
at four aspects of development in our students. They are:
For cognitive development, KidsREAD programme aims to build good reading
habits in our lower primary students and build up their vocabulary. The
P1 and P2 Numeracy Enrichment Programme aims to boost the confidence and
motivation of these students in Mathematics through the use of games and
For the upper primary students, Heartware Tuition and Mendaki Tuition
Programme provide academic support for these students with regards to any
subject concepts they are unsure about and build on their readiness for
the upcoming PSLE.
For Socio-Emotional development, NURTURE programme organised by the CDC
aims to cultivate confidence in the students. They also learn the importance
of effective communication and problem solving skills.
For physical development, the school organised the Fun with Kinball Programme.
This programme allows students to learn self-discipline and communication
skills through interactive activities.
Fun with Kinball
Nurture Tier 1 and 2 programme
The Nurture Tier 1 and 2 programme is conducted in partnership with Central
CDC. Nurture is an initiative under SkillsFuture Junior which aims to provide
learning opportunities for children and expose them to future-ready skills
sets. The Tier 1 and 2 programmes are for Lower Primary and Middle Primary
The Nurture Communication Module aims to develop the children’s 21st Century
Lessons designed are interactive and activity-based. We hope to achieve
the following learning outcomes :
• Build confidence as communicators;
• Develop as effective problem solvers;
• Become motivated and self-directed learners
Heartware Tuition provides academic support for Primary 5 and 6 students.
Our students receiving help from the volunteers from Heartware
This programme seeks to:
1. Provide high-quality academic guidance to these students
2. Instill positive values (e.g. perseverance, patience) in times of challenges.
3. Inculcate life skills (e.g. time management, exam tips, stress management).
Through this programme, we hope that the students will:
1. Enhance their interest and motivation towards their studies.
2. Feel supported, and gain greater self-esteem and confidence.
3. Learn and adopt good life values and skills from exemplary volunteer